Adventures In Larsonland

Adventures In Larsonland

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Swinging

It's funny how life is so drastically different than it was only one month ago... today, the things I think about usually center around naps, poopy diapers, spit up and burping, boogers, bottles that need cleaning, and "wake time".  Everything else is kind of white noise! 

While we've mostly been working on getting some consistency to our schedule (Benjamin and I), I find myself laughing at things I never imagined I'd spend my day doing.  For instance, all the cute outfits that I thought I'd have fun dressing Benjamin in now only come out for "big occasions".  Frankly, whatever fits and is easiest to change is probably what he'll be wearing next!  And those poopy diapers?  I don't even bat an eyelash when a bunch of it somehow ends up on my arm (don't ask).  And naps?  I'll take whatever I can get from him.  If that means he cried himself to sleep in the three minutes that it took me to strap him into the car seat and get Lincoln (and myself) ready to go for a walk... well, then no walk for us.  Let the boy sleep!  (Sorry Lincoln...)  Spit up?  Sure, let's just wipe it with my shirt! 

And "wake time"?  Well, I'm trying to find the balance of keeping BW busy but not overstimulated... which is difficult since I'm not a baby and don't know what exactly that "overstimulated" point is.  Our latest activity that he seems to love is sitting in the swing we got as a hand-me-down from a friend of a friend.  She swore her son loved it, and now I can see why!  Here's video proof that he's totally digging the swing... I think he even made friends with the octopus to his left (you'll notice his "oh, hey there" look around :09):
And as previously mentioned, I make do with what I can... so when Benjamin couldn't decide if he wanted a nap or not, I put him in this trusty swing.  But since I desperately needed a shower... I brought he and the swing into the bathroom with me.  Yes.  That's right.  Benjamin swung - then napped in the swing - in the bathroom.  I'm not proud of myself for it.

This is my new life as a temporary stay-at-home-mom.  I have so much to learn, but I'm not sure how people find time to read parenting books with so much to do!  All I know is that I am in crazy love with our little guy.  He is so perfect to me, and I can't seem to get enough of his chubby cheeks and sweet little toes.  Every day he seems to be exploring more and more, and it's so fun to be here to see it all happen!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, if he will nap in the swing while you shower, that's wonderful! There's nothing to be ashamed of!

    And also, beige is a great color for new moms - doesn't show the spitup or other... decorations.

    ReplyDelete